- “Basepaws” means Basepaws Inc., with a principal place of business at 1820 W. Carson Street, Suite 202-315, Torrance, CA 90501, USA.
- “Basepaws Account” means a user account that is created on or through the Sites.
- “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information. Personal Information includes your Registration Information and may include your User Content. Personal Information does not include your pet’s information.
- “Registration Information” means the information that you provide about yourself when using the Services (e.g., name, email, address, username, password, payment information).
- “Services” means, collectively, Basepaws’ products and services (including research programs) and software, and the Sites, in each case including text, graphics, images, and other material, data and information contained therein and as may be accessed and used from time to time by you.
- “Sites” means, collectively, all websites, mobile applications and other web-based sites and applications that are owned, operated, controlled, maintained or otherwise administered by Basepaws, including https://basepaws.com/, https://basepawsvet .com/ and their respective subdomains.
- “User Content” means content, such as data, text, software, music, audio, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials that you create or provide to us through either a public or private transmission.
2. What Information We Collect
- Information you provide directly to us:
Registration Information. When you create a Basepaws Account, we collect Personal Information, such as your name, date of birth, billing and shipping address, payment information (e.g., credit card) and contact information (e.g., email and phone number).
Social media features and widgets. Our Services include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” or “Share” buttons and widgets. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Sites, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Features may also allow third party social media services to provide us with information about you, including your name, email address, and other contact information. The information we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Sites. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the third party companies providing them. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our Sites or other Services.
- help us recognize you when you use our Services.
- customize and improve your experience;
- secure our Services;
- analyze usage of our Services (such as to analyze your interactions with the results, reports, and other features of the Services);
- gather demographic information about our user base;
- offer our Services to you;
- monitor the success of marketing programs; and
- serve targeted advertising on our Sites and on other sites around the Internet.
3. How We Use Your Information
To offer you opportunities to participate in research. Research is an important aspect of our Services and we want to ensure users of the Services are aware of additional opportunities to contribute to interesting, novel scientific research conducted by Basepaws, its affiliates, academic institutions, healthcare organizations, pharmaceutical companies, and other groups. From time to time, we may inform you of research opportunities for which you may be eligible. For example, if a university tells us about a new feline cancer research project, we may send an email to users of the Services who potentially fit the relevant eligibility criteria to make them aware of the research project and provide a link to participate. Note that use of your pet’s information, which is not Personal Information, for any purpose, including research, development and commercial activities, is governed by the terms and conditions contained in our Terms of Service.
To provide customer support. When you contact Basepaws Customer Care, we may use or request your Personal Information, as necessary to answer your questions, resolve disputes, and/or investigate and troubleshoot problems or complaints. In some instances, we may be required to process one customer’s Personal Information to resolve another customer’s dispute or request. For example, if a customer reports behavior that violates our Terms of Service, we will separately process both customers’ Personal Information and respond separately to each individual as appropriate. We will not share your Personal Information with another customer without your consent.
To conduct surveys or polls and obtain testimonials. We value your feedback and may send you surveys, polls, or requests for testimonials to improve and optimize our Services. You are in control of the information you would like to share with us.
To provide you with marketing communications. By creating a Basepaws Account, you are agreeing that we may send you product and promotional emails or notifications about our Services, and offers on new products, services, promotions or contests. You can unsubscribe from receiving these marketing communications at any time. To unsubscribe, click the email footer “unsubscribe”. You may not opt-out of receiving non-promotional messages regarding your Basepaws Account, such as technical notices, purchase confirmations, or Service-related emails.
4. How We Share Your Information
General service providers. We share Personal Information with our third party service providers, as necessary for them to provide their services to us and help us provide the Services to you. Basepaws engages some third party service providers to assist in supporting our Services, including in the following areas:
Order fulfillment and shipping. Our payment processor processes certain of your Registration Information, such as your billing address and credit card information, as necessary to enable you to purchase the Services from our Sites. Our distribution centers ship your sample collection kit to you, and in some cases help return your sample collection kit to Basepaws so that your pet’s sample can be processed.
Customer Care support. Our Customer Care team uses a number of tools to help organize and manage the requests we receive. These tools help us provide timely, high quality support.
- Cloud storage, IT, and Security. Our cloud storage providers provide secure storage for information in Basepaws databases, ensure that our infrastructure can support continued use of our Services by our customers, and protect data in the event of a natural disaster or other disruption to the Services. Our IT and security providers assist with intrusion detection and prevention measures to help stop any potential attacks against our networks. We have these third party experts perform regular penetration tests and periodically audit Basepaws’ security controls.
Marketing and analytics. When you use our Services, including our Sites, our third party service providers may collect information about your visit, such as the links you clicked on, the duration of your visit, and the URLs you visited. This information can help us improve site navigability and assess our marketing campaigns. Please see Section 5 below for more information on our analytics and advertising activities.
As required by law. Under certain circumstances your Personal Information may be subject to processing pursuant to laws, regulations, judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders. For example, we may be required to disclose Personal Information in coordination with regulatory authorities in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. Basepaws will preserve and disclose any and all information to law enforcement agencies or others if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with legal or regulatory processes (such as a judicial proceeding, court order, or government inquiry) or obligations that Basepaws may owe pursuant to ethical and other professional rules, laws, and regulations; (ii) enforce our Terms of Service and other Basepaws policies; (iii) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or (iv) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Basepaws, its employees, its users, its customers, and the public.
Business transactions. In the event that Basepaws goes through a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your Personal Information may be among the assets transferred.
5. Your Privacy Choices
- Access to your account. We provide access to your Personal Information within your Basepaws Account. If you lose access to your Basepaws Account or Basepaws Account email address, please contact Basepaws Customer Care for assistance. If you lose access to your Basepaws Account, in certain circumstances, we may require that you submit additional information sufficient to verify your identity before providing access or otherwise releasing information to you. If you choose not to submit the required information, or the information provided is not sufficient for the purposes sought, Basepaws will not be able to sufficiently verify your identity in order to complete your request. You may access, correct or update most of your Registration Information on your own within your account settings. Please note that you may not be able to delete User Content that has been shared with others through the Services and that you may not be able to delete information that has been shared with third parties.
- Marketing communications. As noted above, you may be asked to opt-in to receive product and promotional emails or notifications when creating your Basepaws Account depending on where you are located. You can always click the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of promotional email communications to opt-out.
- Account deletion. If you no longer wish to participate in our Services, or no longer wish to have your Personal Information be processed, you may request to delete your Basepaws Account and Personal Information within your Account Settings. Once you submit your request, we will send an email to the email address linked to your Basepaws Account detailing our account deletion policy and requesting that you confirm your deletion request. Once you confirm your request to delete your Basepaws Account and data, your Basepaws Account will no longer be accessible. Once you confirm your request, this process cannot be cancelled, undone, withdrawn, or reversed.
6. Third Party Analytics and Advertising
Advertisers may also use technologies like cookies and web beacons to enable them to recognize your computer each time they send you an advertisement even when you are visiting another site. As a result, the advertiser would have the ability to deliver targeted advertisements that they believe would be of most interest to you. We do not have access to or control of the cookies that may be placed on your computer by third party advertisers.
You can opt-out of receiving targeted advertisements from advertisers and advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the NAI Website and the DAA Website.
In addition, some web browsers and devices allow you to broadcast a preference that your activities online not be “tracked.” Basepaws does not currently respond to browser “do not track” signals.
7. How We Protect Your Information
Basepaws implements physical, technical, and administrative measures to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of your information, to maintain data accuracy, to ensure the appropriate use of information, and to otherwise safeguard your Personal Information; however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
Please recognize that protecting your Personal Information is also your responsibility. We ask you to be responsible for safeguarding your username, password, secret questions and answers, and other authentication information you use to access our Services. You should not disclose your authentication information to any third party and should immediately notify Basepaws of any unauthorized use of your Basepaws Account. Basepaws cannot secure Personal Information that you release on your own or that you request us to release.
9. Contact Information.
1820 W. Carson Street, Suite 202-315
Torrance, CA 90501, USA
If related to a Basepaws Veterinary branded Service, at email@example.com
Otherwise, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated September 2022.